Thursday, September 25, 2014

Don't Bury Your Bags

I'm a good earth citizen. I take my own bags to the store (most of the time). Yay me. Saving the world, one bag at a time. I bet you take your bags to the store too. Yay us.

I used throw my bags in the cart and then toss all my groceries on top of them, only to have to dig them out from under my eggs, carrots, cantaloupes, and apples at the check-out (because that is what is in my shopping cart, healthy proteins, fruits, and veggies, no ice cream here...oh no, not me. definitely not. Really. And none of those yummy cookies with the chocolate filling either. No. no, no, no....well maybe sometimes). Anyway, one day during our weekly dinner date and shopping trips, my daughter did this:


I don't know if those little metal things on the back of the cart were put there to be bag holders or not, but, they work really well.


Try it next time you are at the store. Other shoppers will stop you in the aisle and compliment your ingenuity. Then you can totally take credit and pretend you thought of it yourself.

I've been doing this for a few months now and I have yet to be complimented on my (daughter's) ingenious solution to this first world problem, but I know that they are all thinking it.

Happy shopping!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is genius! I need to get back in the habit of using our bags. I got out of the habit because I hated that they were always buried too plus our recycling company used to take the plastic grocery bags. Now that they don't I need to start bringing my own bags. Now I've got a new trick to try...if only I had some cute bags now like the ones in the picture! Great tip!

    Sara
    Sara J Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the Seattle area and almost everyone brings their bags here. The cute ones came from Whole Foods. They always have fun designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea! And your bags are cute!! Mine always seem to be in some state of disrepair...
    Like you new blog!

    ReplyDelete